The No-Slip Headband
A No-Slip Headband is absolutely ESSENTIAL, and it will save your tichel-wearing life! Two of the most common complaints that we hear from women (who haven’t heard about or used a No-Slip Headband yet!) is that their headscarves slip and their hair often gets pulled out when they try securing their scarves using bobby pins/clips. Enter the No-Slip Headband! Seriously, you need one of these (or two, or three…)! Andrea is eternally grateful for the friend that shared this secret with her years back. It has changed her tichel-wearing life and the lives of countless others!
How to Pick The Right Size Headband for Your Head
In order to determine which size No-Slip Headband will fit your head, you will want to use measuring tape (or something similar) to measure your head exactly where you want your scarf to lay (i.e. if you want some bangs showing, measure behind your bangs). For a normal fit, you’ll want to subtract one inch or so from your measurement because the headbands are stretchy. If you want a snug fit, subtract a bit more. How snug you want your headband to be will depend on your personal comfort. Some ladies like to wear it tighter, and others like it looser! Often your desired size doesn’t have much to do with your head circumference, instead it’s about your hairline! For example, someone with a low hairline (front and back) will probably need a larger headband.
We offer these headbands in 4 sizes. They are adjustable within the measurements listed.
XS – 16″-18″ (available in black only)
S/M (called “S” for No-Velcro version) – 17″-19″ (43-48cm)
M/L (called “M” for No-Velcro version) – 18″-20″ (46-51cm)
XL (called “L” for No-Velcro version) – 20″-22″(51-56cm)
No-Slip Headband Wrapping Tips!
- Once you have received your life-changing no-slip headband, make sure that you are wearing it correctly! When placed on your head, the friction of the velvet should be felt when you sweep your hand away from your face. If it’s not facing the right way, it will not work!
- If the band feels a bit tight at first, you can stretch it out by getting it a little damp and pulling on it.
- Like any knitwear, your headband will probably stretch out a little over a few months of daily wear. To get your headband back to its original size, just wash it by hand and throw it in the dryer (if yours has velcro, make sure to close the velcro or use a bag so that none of your other garments get snagged!).
- Similarly, if you find the effectiveness of the velcro starting to lessen, give your No-Slip Headband a wash by hand.
- Check out this tutorial to see Andrea demonstrate all the features of our No-Slip Headband and to hear all her tips and tricks!